Today was the day for Whiskers to get her steroid shot. This is an every other month trip to help keep her disease under control. On the alternate months she is on antibiotic. Taking her for a shot is worse than taking Bekah for one and that's saying a lot. Once Whiskers sees the carrier, she knows what is coming. I usually have to push her in the carrier and then she meows all the way to the vet. When she hears the vets voice she really freaks. Last time the vet had to pick the carrier up and shake her out like a bottle of ketchup. Today was a better experience. Whiskers didn't cry as much on the way there. I even thought I was going to be able to get her out of the carrier, but about half-way out she decided she didn't want to come. It just took a little shake to get her out, we covered her face and she let out a little squeal with the shot then ran back in the carrier. The ride home is usually peaceful since she knows it's all over. I hate putting her through the stress, but the alternative makes it worth it. She seems to be doing well and the disease had not progressed.
Trevor is - well Trevor. He was excited to see her arrive home as he was ready to chase her around a little. He calmed down quickly and started chewing on a toy instead. I have to cut Trevor a little slack. He's been confused since before Christmas when the furniture was moved around. To make matters worse, I've left the furniture rearranged and it takes him a while to figure out how to get up on the ottomans now. I think he's almost adjusted to it so I've got to come up with another way to keep him on his toes and distracted from pestering Whiskers.
Trevor is - well Trevor. He was excited to see her arrive home as he was ready to chase her around a little. He calmed down quickly and started chewing on a toy instead. I have to cut Trevor a little slack. He's been confused since before Christmas when the furniture was moved around. To make matters worse, I've left the furniture rearranged and it takes him a while to figure out how to get up on the ottomans now. I think he's almost adjusted to it so I've got to come up with another way to keep him on his toes and distracted from pestering Whiskers.
One of the rare times the "siblings" got along!
No comments:
Post a Comment