Friday, January 19, 2007

5 Things You Don't Know About Me

Thanks Blaine for the tag. (A little sarcasm there in case you can't tell.)

Seriously, I think it would be fun to reveal 5 of my deep dark secrets, so here goes:

1. My degree is in Accounting and I worked for the Arkansas Department of Legislative Audit for 6 years. I don't know how that prepared me for my current "job" in Children's Ministry. In fact I've often wondered how my dad feels about paying for my college education that I used for 6 years, stayed home with my kids, then took a part time job in a completely unrelated field. But I guess that's another post for another time.

2. In high school I was one of the leads in the senior play. The play was "The Skin of Our Teeth" by Thorton Wilder and I was Maggie Antrobus. My first and only onstage kisses.

3. I was a sorority gal in college - a member of Phi Mu. Not just a member, but president one year and also president of Panehellenic for another.

4. I can (or could) play several instruments. I started on piano at a young age, went to clarinet in 6th grade, learned oboe my junior year and played saxophone my senior year. I made 1st part in the 2nd All State Band on clarinet my junior year - or maybe senior.

5. The first soap opera I ever watched was "Day's of Our Lives". I was introduced to it by my grandmother. I was always jealous because my sister saw the very first episode of it with my grandmother one day when I wasn't there. I watched soap opera's until I was in my early 30's. Haven't watched in years, but can still read a recap and have a vague idea of what's going on in "General Hospital" - my college and beyond soap of choice.

Now I need to tag 5 people. Problem is I don't know 5 people who read my blog that haven't already been tagged by Blaine and that also blog. So I tag:

1. My favorite brother that blogs

2. My favorite child that blogs

3. Allison and Nicholas' favorite mother that blogs

4. My favorite preacher in Conway Arkansas that blogs

5. Anyone who wants to divulge a little bit more about themselves.

Have fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for tagging me, that was fun! :-I
I think that you should have done five more though.:-p

D.