Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

of mice and men - or in this case of Jack and Jan. When we booked the room in Fort Worth, we decided we would stay through Thursday. After all the conference was not over until 11:30 this morning and that would give us all afternoon to enjoy Fort Worth and give me a chance to get out and take some pictures. All week we've heard from the forecasters that Wednesday was going to be upper 30's to low 40's and it seemed like it would be the perfect day to explore and photograph. Even last night when there was snow and ice not very far south of here, they were saying it wasn't going to come through DFW and if it did, it would be light and not stick. All I can say is they were WRONG! It came, it froze and it conquered. It does appear to be drying up a little on the streets and we may get out a little later this afternoon. But pictures means I'll have to get out of the car, so I don't think there will be many from this trip. I'm too much of a South Louisiana gal. Going home tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the 55 degree weather that should be awaiting me.

No comments: