Monday, November 07, 2005

The Weekend

We had an enjoyable weekend. We started it out by going to see Good Night and Good Luck on Friday night. It was a very good movie. David Strathairn did a great job in his role of Edward R. Murrow. It made me start thinking about our newscasts today and how much is news and how much is editorial. From the movie, it seems that the editorializing began with Murrow. That wasn't a bad thing for what he was dealing with. McCarthy had everyone frozen in fear of him and someone needed to step up and show the other side. I'm just not sure I like the way it has evolved over the years to the newscasts we now have. I don't mind editorializing as long as it is presented as such. I don't like it when it is presented as fact and news.

Saturday I went to a brunch with the women from church. The brunch was at a plantation here in town. It was a fun time to enjoy each other's company for a morning. That evening Jack and I went to Boutins for supper. They have some good food and we enjoy listening to the bands they have too. We haven't learned to Cajun dance yet, but we enjoying watching those who can.

Sunday was a good day. We stopped by Krispy Kreme on our way to church. I limited myself to one donut. I'm proud of that. That afternoon I went to a baby shower and then came home and watched the Saints lose yet another game. Several days ago I heard a deejay comment that if he ever had kids he was going to prepare them to be Saints fans by giving them a toy on Christmas, letting them play with it and enjoy it for 59 minutes and then he was going to rip it out of their hands and break it in front of them. At least yesterday we got to have our hopes up for 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

No comments: