Monday, November 28, 2005

Holidays

Well, the Thanksgiving crowd has come and gone and my house is emptier again. It was a wonderful week. Bekah and Miho got here early Wednesday morning, Dad, Cliftena and Chrissy got here Wednesday evening and Justin and Melissa dropped in on Thursday morning. We spent our time eating, shopping and showing off our city and state. Everyone left in shifts too - in reverse order. Bekah and Miho were the last to leave after church yesterday. On their way back they barely missed some horrible weather that hit Arkansas. There was actually a motorist killed when a tornado hit a lumber yard along the interstate by the town I grew up in. Bekah drove by as they were cleaning up. I wonder how many near misses we have had in our lives and have not even known it.

Now it's time to hit the stores, decorate the house and get ready for Christmas. The kids will be out on break in 3 short weeks. I'm looking forward to that time together. Knowing they will be home so soon makes seeing them leave to go back not so hard.

No comments: