What did I post earlier about Wednesdays? Something about enjoying the kids being hyped up and ready to learn? Can I take it back?
Last night was "one of those nights." It wasn't that the kids were bad they were just a few of them wound up a little. I felt like I had lost control a time or two as we veered off into other areas. But after a night like that I have to look at myself and figure out what I need to do differently. For one thing I need to remind myself that the enthusiasm of kids is a good thing and the challenge is to channel it in the right way. I need to make sure I am 110% prepared when I go in that class. I need to make sure I have things to keep them interested. I need to cover them in prayer throughout the week. I need to know that there are going to be those times after class that I wonder what was accomplished. But I also need to know that if God's love has been shown, it was a success.
Last night was "one of those nights." It wasn't that the kids were bad they were just a few of them wound up a little. I felt like I had lost control a time or two as we veered off into other areas. But after a night like that I have to look at myself and figure out what I need to do differently. For one thing I need to remind myself that the enthusiasm of kids is a good thing and the challenge is to channel it in the right way. I need to make sure I am 110% prepared when I go in that class. I need to make sure I have things to keep them interested. I need to cover them in prayer throughout the week. I need to know that there are going to be those times after class that I wonder what was accomplished. But I also need to know that if God's love has been shown, it was a success.
And for those of you who wonder - I still like Wednesday nights.
1 comment:
Hi there! I enjoyed read your words! I'm in Portugal! Best wishes!
Post a Comment