Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Making Groceries

Today was one of my annual trips to the grocery store. I am one of those people who don't mind cooking. In fact I kind of enjoy it. (Not that a lot of that gets done around our house.) What I hate is going to the grocery store. I'm not sure why that is. I've searched my memory for some traumatic thing in my life that has caused such feelings of dread, but have come up empty. In fact as a young girl I loved going to the grocery store. There was a little neighborhood store a block from my house - Burris' Grocery. Jackie and I loved to go there. We would beg our mom to let us go just to look around even. Now it would be punishment.

But today wasn't bad. I got there early, had my list and knocked it out quickly. The main reason it wasn't bad was because I was going to get groceries for Thanksgiving. We are going to have a house full - for us anyway it is. There will be 9 of us here. It will be nice having Justin and Bekah home for a few days. And I always look forward to seeing my parents. This year a cousin and Bekah's roommate will be with her and Melissa will be with Justin. So our house is going from empty nest to overflowing. Makes going grocery shopping not such a chore when I focus on the goal.

Now if figuring out where everyone is going to sleep would be so easy....

No comments: