Friday, November 04, 2005

Thoughts While Walking the Dog

Our neighbor's house has been pretty much abandoned. There's been nobody living there or taking care of the yard for at least a month. Then one day this week a crew came and mowed, trimmed and weeded the yard. (Seems the neighbors are going to either sale or rent out the house.) It looks so much better now - the best it's looked since they moved in. But even as good as it looks, there are still problems. Due to lack of water, the grass is brown and the rhododendrons are dying.

When I passed by on a walk with Trevor I thought that there has to be a metaphor there on a spiritual level. I thought about when we abandon our walk with God how quickly things grow that must be trimmed and weeded out or else it will destroy us. Getting rid of those things can be hard - impossible if we don't let God come in and do it. And they almost always leave their mark. But how wonderful that God can cover those sins and see us as pure. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: