The weekend is almost here! I have to remind myself of that because I'm at that stage of life where all the days run together and zoom by. It has been a good week, even though I've been busy. Wednesday night I was back in the classroom teaching after a break. We had a good class learning about how Rahab welcomed the spies. The class had kindergarten - 5th graders in it. The older kids served as helpers and it all went well.
Today was our second TNT of the summer. We are getting off to a slow start number-wise, but with vacations, summer camps, etc. that often happens. Today was a service project. We cleaned classrooms - sinks, tables, chairs, shelves. I tried to mix some fun into it - letting them clean tables with shaving cream and taking them on a tour of the building afterwards. The tour included dipping our toes in the baptistery and staring at Patrick working in his office.
Sunday is our second annual Ministry Expo. We will be in Houma with Bekah's softball team, so I'll miss it. I have been busy getting the Children's Ministry booth ready though. It's been fun going through pictures from the past year. It's amazing how much the kids can change in such a short time.
While I hate to miss the Expo, I'm looking forward to our time in Houma this weekend. It will be my first overnight trip with the team this year. It will also be our first time to make it to the Houma tournament. We were suppose to go two years ago, but it got rained out. We were going again last year, but ended up that there were not enough girls that could go that weekend. There was a little conflict with a minor test - the ACT. Looks like this year we will actually make it. It should be a fun time. I wish Justin would go with us, but the softball park is not his favorite place to be. He started summer school this week. Glad it's him and not me. That's one time of my life that I'm glad is past!
No comments:
Post a Comment