Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My New Hobby

Saturday we had our photgraphy class field trip to the zoo. It was hot, but fun. While there, I wasn't sure what kind of pictures I had taken. When I got them on the computer at home I was surprised. I got more good ones than I had thought. Right now I'm learning settings on the camera so I was concentrating on that. When to put on the polarizing filter, what white balance, film speed, etc. My compostition leaves a lot to be desired in most pictures, but I am trying to be more aware of it as I become more familiar with my camera.

The trip to the zoo was worth it for learning this one thing - how to make fences disappear in your picture. Justin has already explained to me that the fence is still there. It's just the law of physics at work, but I still call it disappearing fences. Anyway, it's something that is useful for me out at the softball field. I can't get it to go away completley everytime, but I'm learning and have gotten some decent pictures. I'm really enjoying being able to do more with my camera. I don't think my family shares my passion, but at least they put up with me showing them my pictures over and over again.

I missed the first game of Bekah's tournament Saturday since I was at the zoo. Everyone said that she pitched the best game of the summer. So now I may never be able to go to another game. Wish I had been there with my camera!

No comments: