Saturday, June 18, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

Well, the weather man really missed it going into this weekend. We had a slight chance for isolated showers. That's the standard forecast for this time of year. We were surprised at the storms that came through yesterday. But then last night the forecast was a few more showers after midnight and then basically in the clear. So this morning when it was pouring down rain for an hour we knew the weather man was wrong and the fields were probably sunk. We got the call from the tournament director at 7:00 this morning that they had lost 2 fields, so the 2 oldest groups were being dropped from the tournament. I don't blame them. They can make more money from the younger groups. Most summers I'd be glad for the break. But the timing on this one was a little lousy. Bekah was wanting to pitch before going up to Arkansas. The rain did stop and the sun has peeked out some, so Jack and Bekah are out trying to get in some kind of work out.

The good side is that we have gotten to hang around the house today. We've also decided to head up to Arkansas early. We'll leave in the morning after church. That will give Bekah a chance to pitch tomorrow night and Monday before her appointment on Tuesday. Since we are leaving early we will celebrate Father's Day tonight. Jack has picked Boutin's to go to, so we'll enjoy some Cajun food and music tonight. Then it'll be home to pack up and hit the road tomorrow. Hate to be leaving Justin behind, but guess he needs to go to class. I'm glad he doesn't have to go to summer school every year. I just hope we get some kind of little trip in with him before Fall semester. Perhaps a manly fishing trip and Bekah and I can go shop! Time to check the calendar.

No comments: