Well, Bekah is officially out of High School and looking forward to her college days. She is going to Arkansas Tech - just like her dad and I. I hope she enjoys it as much as we did! Not only is she our latest graduate, she had her 18th birthday today. So hard to believe that she is that old. I know that every mother says - "it seems like only yesterday...." It doesn't seem like only yesterday, but it does seem like she should still be my little girl. Truth is, to me, she will always be my little girl - but she is becoming a fine young woman. I am proud of her and the path she has taken in life. In fact, I'm proud of both of our kids. As I've said before, sometimes in spite of the parents, kids turn out ok. Must be all those prayers that have been offered up for them!
With Bekah's passage into a new stage of life, Jack and I are getting ready for a new stage too - the empty nesters. Not sure what that is going to be like. It's been over 20 years since we were a young couple without kids. Things have changed and so have we. We are both sad at the thought of our kids leaving, but happy for them. After all that is the goal as parents - to send them out into the world. We are both a little anxious about them being gone. It's hard letting go and sending them out. But we sit and think about what our live is becoming. We think our lives will slow down some when it will just be our 2 schedules. (But we know we will miss the activity in life that our kids bring us.) We think we will be able to pick up and go whenever, wherever we want. (Even though we will probably spend most of our time hanging around home.) We think we will grow into happy empty nesters waiting for the grandparent stage. (Hopefully waiting several years for the grandparent stage.)
I guess time will tell if our thinking is right or wrong. Either way we will be happy because the nest won't be completely empty - we'll be in it together.
With Bekah's passage into a new stage of life, Jack and I are getting ready for a new stage too - the empty nesters. Not sure what that is going to be like. It's been over 20 years since we were a young couple without kids. Things have changed and so have we. We are both sad at the thought of our kids leaving, but happy for them. After all that is the goal as parents - to send them out into the world. We are both a little anxious about them being gone. It's hard letting go and sending them out. But we sit and think about what our live is becoming. We think our lives will slow down some when it will just be our 2 schedules. (But we know we will miss the activity in life that our kids bring us.) We think we will be able to pick up and go whenever, wherever we want. (Even though we will probably spend most of our time hanging around home.) We think we will grow into happy empty nesters waiting for the grandparent stage. (Hopefully waiting several years for the grandparent stage.)
I guess time will tell if our thinking is right or wrong. Either way we will be happy because the nest won't be completely empty - we'll be in it together.
No comments:
Post a Comment