I started a photography class today. I am excited about it even though my head is swimming in information. My original digital camera bit the dust back in May. When I started looking for a new camera, I decided I'd like a digital SLR. I don't know why, but I have always wanted to use a camera with interchangeable lenses and settings that I can set. So I got a really nice Canon SLR. I've had it for over a month now and have discovered that it takes really good pictures in the point and shoot mode. But I know it can do more and be even better, if I just understood what I was doing. I tried reading the manual. In fact, it's rather dogeared, but it didn't do me much good. So I found a good place to go take lessons and I think it will pay off.
Today was basically learning some things about my camera and it's settings that I didn't know. I did learn a little about exposure settings and can already tell a difference when taking pictures of Trevor. The next class we will get into white balance. There's a lot of other things I need to learn so this session of classes is just the beginning. There are about 4 sessions in all that I'm interested in. Hopefully when they are finished I will have some good skills that will help me in my new hobby.
Today was basically learning some things about my camera and it's settings that I didn't know. I did learn a little about exposure settings and can already tell a difference when taking pictures of Trevor. The next class we will get into white balance. There's a lot of other things I need to learn so this session of classes is just the beginning. There are about 4 sessions in all that I'm interested in. Hopefully when they are finished I will have some good skills that will help me in my new hobby.
After all I need something to keep me busy the next 51 years of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment