Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Sun is Out

The sun is shining golden! Bekah tried out for the Arkansas Tech Golden Suns softball team on Tuesday and made it! She really did a good job - even though she said that her best pitch wasn't working. It worked well enough. In fact all of her pitches looked good and she really looked great with her awesome change-up. She's worked hard and I'm glad that she's getting to enjoy some of the rewards of the hard work.

We had a good trip to Russellville. Jack took us on the "early" and "late" years tours. We got just a little of the "middle" years tour, but by then we were toured out. We showed Bekah how to get around Russellville. I just hope she doesn't get lost when she gets up there with out us. We even took a little trip up on Mt. Nebo. She really liked coming down. The hairpin curves reminded her of a roller coaster.

We were thankful to have Katelyn go with us to catch for Bekah. She was a real trooper. I'm sure she was bored to death most of the time. We even drug her up there a day earlier than orginally planned, so she gave up more time for us. But she didn't let on. I was glad that I got to spend some time with my parents too. They were great to drive down to Russellville two nights and visit with us.

In between everything, Jack kept us entertained, even when he wasn't trying to. All in all it was a good trip. Bekah got her schedule, we found out she has more academic scholarship money than we knew and she made the team! Well worth the trip.

No comments: