Sunday, June 05, 2005

Another Weekend

This weekend we had our 3rd tournament of the summer. This was our first out of town tournament over in Carencro. The girls are really coming together as a team. Bekah really enjoys playing with them. The tournament was one that they should have come in at least 3rd and probably better, but it didn't happen that way. That's how it goes sometimes. I'm just waiting for them to burst out one tournament. They show signs of it, but it just hasn't all come together yet. They are a U-18 team that is basically a new team, frequently playing against teams of girls that have played together for many years. They also have 5 girls on their team that didn't play school ball this spring. But they are a good team and I expect by the end of the summer they will have shown some people a few things.

We also enjoyed having Justin and Melissa here for the weekend. Jack and Rebekah stayed over in Lafayette Saturday night, but I came back after the third game of the day. Justin and Melissa had cooked a delicious Italian meatloaf for Saturday dinner, so I got to enjoy that. I'm not real sure where Justin gets his cooking skills, but I'm glad he has them. Afterwards we went to get some coffee at CC's - the best coffee house ever. It was during that trip that I realized how old I'm getting as I was totally wiped out. I didn't even go in to Blockbuster with them. Sitting in the sun all day zaps me. Guess I have to face the fact that I'm getting closer and closer to the big 50.

Justin and Melissa stayed here all day today. We went to separate church services - me early, them late, and then I napped this afternoon, but there's just something nice about having my kids home. They ate with us tonight and then headed over to Hammond. All in all, a good weekend.


No comments: