It's football season and the Tigers have started out great! It's still a long season but for now things are so good that one of the main topics of sports conversation in Tiger Land is for the LSU - Tulane game, the Tigers will be wearing these -

It's amazing the reaction there has been to changing the uniforms from the traditional LSU uni even for one game.
The other topic of conversation has been the student section and their use of profanity. I'm glad that people care, but I don't know why they are surprised. Our culture has raised a generation that hears profanity in movies, songs, on TV, etc. Gone are the days when people are shocked to hear, "Frankly my dear...." I do hope they are able to curtail the usage from the students, but I fear we are reaping what we have sown.
The other topic of conversation has been the student section and their use of profanity. I'm glad that people care, but I don't know why they are surprised. Our culture has raised a generation that hears profanity in movies, songs, on TV, etc. Gone are the days when people are shocked to hear, "Frankly my dear...." I do hope they are able to curtail the usage from the students, but I fear we are reaping what we have sown.
3 comments:
To comment on the first part of your post: I like the new uniforms, be lavender and be proud I say.
I also agree with the last part of your post. I often worry about how media is getting. Used to you could watch early morning t.v. while the 9:00pm slot was a little racey. Commercials used to be tame and you can't even feel safe while they are on anymore.
Love ya, and I love me some lavender uniforms.
Doug
Well, I think there's 2 problems that people have with the uni's. First there's a WHITE helmet!!! How stupid is that?! Then Nike puts them on those mannequins that look like women. I think if they had used some beefed up mannequins that might look a little better.
Second part - it's slowly been headed to where we are now. With my kids I was the mean mom - we'd turn the radio when certain songs came on, didn't watch some TV shows and there was definitely censorship with movies. Now, as you said, it's everywhere - even commercials. Harder to censor that.
I know you will be sitting in front of the TV Saturday morning cheering the Tigers on against the mighty Green Wave. Go get you a lavendar shirt and enjoy!
Love ya
Lavender really brings out the color in my eyes, so who's the real winner I wear lavender? Noreen is.
I offered a tribute to your team on my site. I hope that it brings joy in your heart. It is pretty sentimental look at the mascot formally known as Roscoe.
Post a Comment