Sunday, September 02, 2007

I'm a Prude

Have you seen this one? A mom, daughter's date and teen daughter are sitting on the couch while mom is showing the date a photo album. She's showing him all the cute photos of her daughter as a baby/toddler. We can't see them, but she's describing them - on her trike, first haircut, etc. She comes to the dreaded one - naked in the bathtub. There's a moment of silence and then the daughter says "You should see me now" More silence and stares by mom and date. Mom says "No" and daughter replies, "Oh yeah." The commercial is for Clearasil and the line is "Clearasil - May cause confidence." This is a selling point?! When did this become something that would make a person say, "Wow! I've gotta go buy that product for my teenager! I want my daughter to be confident just like that girl."

No comments: