Mountaintop experiences are great! Being in the Word, spending time with God, getting to know God through time with Him and through other people is one of the best things about this world - to work together serving others and to try in my humble way to reflect Him. So why do I neglect Him so often? Why is it sometimes hard to open the Bible and just read a few verses? Why is it hard to talk to Him? Why do I not want to put forth the effort to serve? Why is it so easy to start sliding down the slope instead of keeping a foothold on the mountaintop? Do you ever have these times? If so, what helps you get refocused and reconnected?
1 comment:
Hey Jan,
I struggle with reading the Bible daily also, I'm getting much better at communicating with him. Of course in time of trouble, you always turn to him and not so much when things are going good. We attended a going deeper with God class that Dusty taught and it has really helped us to be refocused. We do individual breath prayers and have started doing a family breath prayer with the kids. It makes us focus and look for God all through the day. But I really like the mountain top, or the park, somewhere where there is no distractions and I can just relax and be at peace and just rest with Him I cherish those times.
Can't wait for Saturday, I sound like Becca.
Noreen
Post a Comment