Friday, August 10, 2007

They're Back!


The Pennington Balloon Championships started bright and early today at 6:30AM and I was there. This is the first time that I've gone in the morning. Bekah, Marilyn, June and I loaded up and got to the field before the balloons came in. The morning event is a competition with the ballonist coming in and throwing bean bags at a target. The first balloon came in way off which I guess helped the others chart their course. It was fun watching them as some almost touched the ground to drop their bean bag and then quickly rose. I took quite a few pictures. My favorites are the slideshow on the side bar. Always a fun time!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Just popped in to say hi, The Hot air Balloons are very colourful. We had them in Aussie a few months back they flew very low over my house but didnt get any pics as my camera was not working.

Jan said...

Thanks for stopping by. I always like going to see the balloons when they're here each year. They use to have the festival closer to our house and we would go out side and have balloons barely over our rooftop. That was always a lot of fun. Now I have to drive across town. :-( But I'll be there again tonight.