Monday, August 20, 2007

Back From the Metroplex

This last weekend we went to Arlington. This was not a run-away, but rather a working weekend of sorts for me. I am a board member of the Christian Education Association. This was our summer meeting. I always enjoy the meetings - re-connecting with people and trying to figure out ways that we can help others in their ministry. There's a really good group of people on this board and I feel fortunate to know and work with them.

Jack and Rebekah went over with me. We drove over on Thursday. Friday Jack and Bekah drove up to Dennison to see his aunt, cousin and his wife. They had a good visit. Saturday after my meetings we all 3 headed out shopping. It was a busy shopping day because it was "Tax Free Weekend" in Texas. But we managed to hit 2 malls and we survived. We enjoyed our time together, but it wasn't a relaxing time. We were all glad to get home Sunday and face another week.

2 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

Jan,
I was reading your comment about Back From the Metroplex. I was in Arlington, TX this past weekend also. I met up with some girlfriends I went to high school with and we enjoyed shopping in Grandbury, TX. Isn't it a small world?

Jan said...

It is a small world. Not like Arlington is a big tourist mecca - well they do have Six Flags, but I'm past that, and the Rangers, but they're American League so they don't count. How did you pick Arlington as the place to meet?

Sounds like you had a fun trip.