I've started reading a book of daily reflections - "Taste and See" by John Piper. I was able to purchase this book during a big $5 sale from the Desiring God website. I learned of the $5 sale by reading John Dobbs blog. One of the good things about community in blogdom, but I digress.
Yesterday's reflection was about a time that Mr. Piper lost a credit card. This time he didn't worry or let it upset his vacation time. You see he didn't know it was lost until he got home and found it returned to him in the mail by the friend whose car he had lost it in. Mr. Piper states, "Is there a lesson in this? There is for me. It's this: As soon as we discover we have a problem, God has already been working on it and the solution is on the way." How encouraging is that?! There are a couple of things that challenge me though. First - why do I have such a hard time truly believing that God is working it out for me and that I can just let go and let Him handle it. The second challenge is to be more aware that this is happening. Perhaps that's the key - when I become more aware of what He's done then maybe I'll be more able to let go.
Yesterday's reflection was about a time that Mr. Piper lost a credit card. This time he didn't worry or let it upset his vacation time. You see he didn't know it was lost until he got home and found it returned to him in the mail by the friend whose car he had lost it in. Mr. Piper states, "Is there a lesson in this? There is for me. It's this: As soon as we discover we have a problem, God has already been working on it and the solution is on the way." How encouraging is that?! There are a couple of things that challenge me though. First - why do I have such a hard time truly believing that God is working it out for me and that I can just let go and let Him handle it. The second challenge is to be more aware that this is happening. Perhaps that's the key - when I become more aware of what He's done then maybe I'll be more able to let go.
3 comments:
Where is our Wordless Wed
Wordless!
Wordless!
Wordless!
I decided to have a silent Wednesday - nothing. It will return next week. Maybe even featuring a picture of you!!
Post a Comment