Most of yesterday was like the past few days we've had - hot and humid! Then about 6:00 p.m. a storm blew up. The sky got really dark, the lightning was hitting all around and the wind was swirling. I'm not real good in science but figure the wind swirls had something to do with convection, but at times the rain was blowing straight across instead of down. Jack had just finished mowing and cleaning up when it hit so his and Justin's cars were out of the carport. Bekah was visiting a friend in the area. The storm ended and Justin, Jack and I got out for supper. That's when we realized how fortunate we had been - trees were down and electricity was out all through our neighborhood. I was just thinking how lucky we were that nothing landed on one of the cars in the drive when I got a call from Bekah telling me this. When we got home we discovered our fence is barely hanging on too, but you know that's all ok. We were all kept safe and saw a little demonstration of the power of God's creation. It was a "gentle" reminder of how quickly things can change and how not in control I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment