I really like Wednesdays. Even though it's the middle of the week, it just feels like the weekend is about to start. That's a good thing. But most of all I like Wednesdays because of our Wednesday nights at church. The kids that come on Wednesday are so ready and willing to learn. They are excited about how their week has gone and they are ready to share. You would think they would be subdued and sleepy, but that's the Sunday morning crowd. The Wednesday crowd is hyped up and ready to go. Plus they don't wear their "good clothes" on Wednesday so we get to do messy, gooey things. My favorite way to teach.
I know there is no command to meet on Wednesday and to some people it just isn't that important. I'm not judging that in any way. I just know for me that Wednesday is a time of encouragement. To see like minded people, to get hugs from the kids and to hear them share not just things that has happened to them, but the ways they see God in their lives is just amazing. In fact the kids often teach me more than I teach them. Thank God for Wednesdays!
I know there is no command to meet on Wednesday and to some people it just isn't that important. I'm not judging that in any way. I just know for me that Wednesday is a time of encouragement. To see like minded people, to get hugs from the kids and to hear them share not just things that has happened to them, but the ways they see God in their lives is just amazing. In fact the kids often teach me more than I teach them. Thank God for Wednesdays!
No comments:
Post a Comment