Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Thoughts on a Fall Day

I think the Fall weather is here to stay for at least a week! Fall is my third favorite season behind Spring and Summer. I would put Fall before summer except that Fall signals that Winter is on it's way. I don't like Winter - even down here in Baton Rouge. Here instead of disliking the cold, it's the many dreary, cloudy, depressing days. I like sunshine! So for now I'll enjoy the sunshine, wind and crispness in the air and think about Winter another day.

Tomorrow we are going on our photography field trip for the week. We are headed over to a garden in St. Francisvile. We may go to a wildlife area too if we have time and are so inclined. I hope the wind has died down a little by then. I went by to get a hood for my camera. I like those reflective sunspots in some shots like the trumpet flowers before, but it'll be nice to be able to get rid of them. I got another polarizing lens because I don't like having to switch it between lens when I change them out. (Read - "I'm lazy") Of course they had a special, so I ended up with a couple of effects filters. Not sure how much I'll use them, but thought it may be fun to play around with. I got a spot filter and a 4 point cross screen one. They weren't expensive and I do like to play around to see what happens with my camera.

Wednesday will be a busy day as I try to get everything organized to turn in the education department wish list for our new church building. It's exciting to think about everything that can be done. We have big dreams! Going through this process has also made me focus on what we have and how we can best use it. It's always a challenge to see outside of the box and a bigger challenge to take that step out. Sometimes we need a little push and I think I feel the hands on my back. I'm not sure where I'm being pushed so I'm just praying that I'll let God guide me.

No comments: