Today I went to the Botanical Garden that is kept by our recreation department here. It is mainly a rose garden with many different varieties but also has many different flowering plants. It really has quite a few plants for the size. I wanted to practice my correct f-stops for depth of field and exposure settings. When I got ready to go I couldn't find my handy exposure scale that I got from class so I tried to guess. Overall I think I did ok with the exposure. I really didn't have any way off. I did learn that I need to do more than carry the tri-pod around - I need to use it! Since I didn't use it much, I had a few pictures with the shakes.
This was my first solo photo trip. I really enjoyed the time out in the quiet with just me, the bugs, bees, butterflies and flowers. I'm already thinking of other places I can go solo. But it is more fun to go with someone else.
Next week Marilyn and I are going to Afton Villa Gardens in St. Francisville. I am looking forward to that trip. In the meantime here a few pictures from my trip today. Enjoy!
This was my first solo photo trip. I really enjoyed the time out in the quiet with just me, the bugs, bees, butterflies and flowers. I'm already thinking of other places I can go solo. But it is more fun to go with someone else.
Next week Marilyn and I are going to Afton Villa Gardens in St. Francisville. I am looking forward to that trip. In the meantime here a few pictures from my trip today. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment