Thursday, September 22, 2005

We're Toast

That's what Jack keeps saying. I don't think he's that concerned about Rita having an impact on our property, but he is concerned about the impact on the refineries. I think that's what a lot of people here are thinking about as the gas stations are once again packed and some have ran out of gas again. I'm just a little upset that it will be affecting my photography field trip I'm suppose to go on Saturday. Katrina kept me away from the last one and now it looks like Rita is going to rain this one out.

We've had a few of the outer bands come through today. Just a little wind and rain. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. The schools are closed. I think it's more a precaution because of all the traffic here. If the kids went to school and Rita turned where they needed to get the kids home early - forget it. It takes 1 1/2 hours to get some kids home now because of the traffic. I don't think the rain will be a problem here. I might be surprised, but we're pretty dry so at least we're starting with a good situation for rain. Guess we'll enjoy a weekend around the house. Maybe I'll get some cleaning done. Yeah right....

No comments: