For some reason I'm feeling better about things this afternoon. I think it's because I can see life beginning to get into more of a routine. Justin's school's website is finally back up and they go back to classes Thursday. Just knowing a start date is encouraging. We're helping with laundry and cooking this weekend out at the student center. I've pulled out some clothes they may find useful too. (I never realized I had so many "dry clean only" clothes until now.) These are little things, but it feels good to contribute in our small way.
I have been doing some work from home. Those who write my paycheck will be glad to knwo that. Even in disaster there are things that need to get done.
The helicopters and airplanes are still flying over. Each one is a welcome sound as I know it is either more help going down to NO or people being brought to doctors and safety. I run out occasionally and take pictures of them as they fly right over our house. Thank God for these men and women.
I did hear a press conference this afternoon where it was said that we don't need the National Guard to have weapons, just aid. Well, I think all one has to do is look at New Orleans before the armed National Guard arrived and look at it now and they will know that while aid is needed, the fire power is needed to make sure the aid can get in. It's sad that it's that way, but there are a lot of desperate people.
It seems that a corner is being turned. I'm sure it is one of many we will turn in this adventure. This time it is one into optimism and hope. I hope it sustains us all for a while. I'm sure the casualty numbers will start coming out soon. We will need something to keep our hopes up when that happens. Pray for all those who are still searching for loved ones. Pray for those who are still waiting rescue. Pray for the God of grace and comfort to feel us with His love.
I have been doing some work from home. Those who write my paycheck will be glad to knwo that. Even in disaster there are things that need to get done.
The helicopters and airplanes are still flying over. Each one is a welcome sound as I know it is either more help going down to NO or people being brought to doctors and safety. I run out occasionally and take pictures of them as they fly right over our house. Thank God for these men and women.
I did hear a press conference this afternoon where it was said that we don't need the National Guard to have weapons, just aid. Well, I think all one has to do is look at New Orleans before the armed National Guard arrived and look at it now and they will know that while aid is needed, the fire power is needed to make sure the aid can get in. It's sad that it's that way, but there are a lot of desperate people.
It seems that a corner is being turned. I'm sure it is one of many we will turn in this adventure. This time it is one into optimism and hope. I hope it sustains us all for a while. I'm sure the casualty numbers will start coming out soon. We will need something to keep our hopes up when that happens. Pray for all those who are still searching for loved ones. Pray for those who are still waiting rescue. Pray for the God of grace and comfort to feel us with His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment