Well Rita's come and gone and we made it through fine. This time we had more rain - but it was needed and ended up not being more than the ground could handle. We got several bands of wind and rain. Everytime I woke up last night I heard it. In fact it's still a little breezy out there now. We kept our electricity this time. It was out for just a few minutes last night. Probably a limb brushing the line. I'm really glad that we have underground utilities in our subdivision because there are a lot of limbs down that I'm sure would have affected our service.
Justin stayed in Hammond this time. He made it through fine too. He called this afternoon because his apartment air conditioner wasn't working. But I got an email from him this evening that it's working now. Bekah called this afternoon too. She's at a church retreat in Rogers, Arkansas. When she called they were not getting rain, but I have a feeling they are now.
We got out this evening and were surprised at the number of people out on the roads. It's funny how you can stay home when it's your choice and it's ok, but when you have to stay in because of the weather even one day can give you cabin fever. We found that basically everything was open with gas at gas stations even. I know there are people without electricity, but we saw very few areas around here that weren't lit up. Things will probably be pretty much back to normal tomorrow around here. Once again we ended up at the edge and while it was the rougher edge, we were still blessed. Our prayers for all those to the west of us that really took the brunt of the eye.
Justin stayed in Hammond this time. He made it through fine too. He called this afternoon because his apartment air conditioner wasn't working. But I got an email from him this evening that it's working now. Bekah called this afternoon too. She's at a church retreat in Rogers, Arkansas. When she called they were not getting rain, but I have a feeling they are now.
We got out this evening and were surprised at the number of people out on the roads. It's funny how you can stay home when it's your choice and it's ok, but when you have to stay in because of the weather even one day can give you cabin fever. We found that basically everything was open with gas at gas stations even. I know there are people without electricity, but we saw very few areas around here that weren't lit up. Things will probably be pretty much back to normal tomorrow around here. Once again we ended up at the edge and while it was the rougher edge, we were still blessed. Our prayers for all those to the west of us that really took the brunt of the eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment