Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ramblings

Everyone here was excited that LSU was finally going to be playing football in Tiger Stadium. After two hurricanes, it was time to have something to divert our attention from the misery they brought. Unfortunately at the end of the game, we found ourselves in more misery. The one catching the brunt of criticism is our new coach Les Miles. After coaching 2 games for LSU the most vocal fans are ready to fire him. It's going to be an interesting Fall.

Speaking of Fall - you could have fooled me that it's here. We still have heat indexes in the 100's. Whew! I'm ready for the 80's and 90's. At least we got our electricity back on at the church building today. Sunday it was out. We got partial electricity - enough to energize some of the lights - so we were able to have brief services Sunday. We actually went to 3 services - one at the early time, one at Bible class time and one at the late service time. Seems to have worked out well. I got up to the building today right after the power was restored. I didn't stay as my office was quite warm. I did what I needed to do there and came home to do the rest of my work.

Tonight I start another photography class session. This one is on exposure settings. I talked to the man who cleaned my camera sensor and he thinks the few spots will be taken care of with another cleaning. That was good news to hear. I'll take it in after my class ends in 3 weeks. The specks really aren't that big or that noticeable, but I don't want them. Tomorrow I'm planning on going on a photography trip with a friend. We don't know for sure where we're going or what we'll find. We've got a few places here in town that we are going to check out. So maybe tomorrow night I'll have some more pictures to post.

Thursday we go to Arkansas to see Bekah. I'm looking forward to the trip. It'll be good to see her again. It's homecoming at ATU so Saturday we'll go to the football game. Our other plans include taking Bekah shopping on Friday. Trevor will be going with us of course. I think that's why Bekah's excited that we're coming. Trevor and shopping - her two favorite things. I'm just glad to be getting away for a few days.

No comments: