The count down is on for several things. First off is the annual Bible Bowl here in town. This will be the 5th year that we've participated in it. The kids are always excited about it and they work hard. Most of all we learn God's Word and have some fun together doing it.
After the Bible Bowl we'll go to one of our member's homes to watch the Hot Air Balloon Festival that's here in town. That is always a treat. Their yard is attached to the field where the balloons are so it's front row seats. After the balloon ascension and glow they have fireworks. We've never stayed for the fireworks, but I'm going to try to this year so I can test my picture taking skills again.
We're still counting down the days until colleges start. I don't even think about that too much except for the fact that we've been shopping a lot for dorm/apartment items. Things sure have changed since I went to college 30 years ago!
Sunday is the day we leave for the Smoky Mountains. I am really excited about that trip, even though I haven't started getting ready for it yet. I have thought about what clothes to take and when to get money, wash the car, etc. I have my list of things that I need to accomplish this week, so as long as I stick to the list I should be ok. I think I'm already getting into the vacation frame of mind. This time next week....Can hardly wait!
After the Bible Bowl we'll go to one of our member's homes to watch the Hot Air Balloon Festival that's here in town. That is always a treat. Their yard is attached to the field where the balloons are so it's front row seats. After the balloon ascension and glow they have fireworks. We've never stayed for the fireworks, but I'm going to try to this year so I can test my picture taking skills again.
We're still counting down the days until colleges start. I don't even think about that too much except for the fact that we've been shopping a lot for dorm/apartment items. Things sure have changed since I went to college 30 years ago!
Sunday is the day we leave for the Smoky Mountains. I am really excited about that trip, even though I haven't started getting ready for it yet. I have thought about what clothes to take and when to get money, wash the car, etc. I have my list of things that I need to accomplish this week, so as long as I stick to the list I should be ok. I think I'm already getting into the vacation frame of mind. This time next week....Can hardly wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment