My heart is heavy when I see the scenes from 50 miles down the road. I wish I could go down and take water and food to the hundreds of thousands of people trying to get help in New Orleans. Part of me wonders how we let this happen? Not the storm - that we couldn't control, but how did so many people get left in New Orleans? I know some stayed by choice, but there are a lot who had no way to get out. I see the looting, and know it's wrong, but must admit that I would loot for food and water if I were them. I see the people wading through the water that is infected with who knows what, desperate for help. I feel helpless, but not as helpless as they must feel. How did this happen in the greatest, most compassionate country in the world?
Please pray for the people in New Orleans. Give what you can to the organizations that are equipped to help. Don't forget these people as the days, weeks and months progress. This is going to be a tragedy for a long time.
Please pray for the people in New Orleans. Give what you can to the organizations that are equipped to help. Don't forget these people as the days, weeks and months progress. This is going to be a tragedy for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment