Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'll Think About It Tomorrow

It's been almost a week since we took Bekah to school and so far I think Jack and I have handled it fairly well. I haven't shed many tears because I just don't allow myself to think about it. I figure if I follow that path one morning I'll wake up and it'll be ok because it's what I know. I'm sure mental health professionals would not agree with that method, but if it works for me I don't care what they think. Denial can be a good place to be sometimes.

Our trip to Russellville to deliver Bekah went well. We got everything unloaded, she got her books and ID, we bought her mini fridge and hauled it up to her room, the guys raised her bed and Myra and I supervised when we weren't working. We left her to figure out where to put everything. She started classes yesterday. She has stayed very busy doing things and she is happy at Tech.

It was kind of fun going into my old dorm. Even though they have updated it, there were still remainders of the old rooms. The room seemed smaller than it did when I was there, which surprised me. Guess it's because I'm bigger. I'm pretty sure that Rebekah is in a room that one of my good friends stayed in. It's either her old room or her old suite. Jack's highlight of the weekend was that we ate at Taco Villa. That was his and his buddy's cheap meal place back in the day. As he points out, they don't serve beef tacos, burritos, etc. It's "meat" tacos, burritos, etc. Guess they avoid the false advertising charge that way. (It really is a good little Mexican fast food place. Beats the competition!) We also got to see a lot of family while there so that was nice.

Justin started classes on Monday. He is staying busy with them and marching band. He wasn't going to march this year, but then after band camp started they asked him to please come aboard, so he did. His apartment is on the opposite end of campus from his classes, so he has bought a bike. With the cost of gas being what it is we may all have to follow his example!

No comments: