Well today started out with one of my typical moments. I woke up at 4:40 this morning, after going to bed after midnight, and realized that I had left a glue gun plugged in at church the night before. I laid there tossing and turning more than I realized I guess. Jack woke up and asked me if I was ok, so I confessed. Jack and I made a trip down to the building at 5:00 this morning so I could unplug the glue gun. I'm just thankful that I didn't burn the building down. I don't think I would ever live that down.
The result of that moment was that I got an early start to a busy day. Today was our annual Breakfast of Champions at church. We do this each year for the kids that are participating in the Bible Bowl. We feed them and then have a concentrated review session. That all went well except for the fact that I forgot the plug for the griddle I brought to make pancakes. It worked out though. I found a small skillet that I used and Laura pitched in and cooked in a pan. Cindy led the kids in bingo while Laura and I cleaned up. It's wonderful having so many people that just pitch in and help!
This afternoon we had our last Thursday summer activity and went bowling. This is always a favorite summer activity. We have some healthy rivalries that have developed over the years. Today was a record day for the number of bowlers that broke 100. That gives you a hint about our level of expertise. It was a fun time. I didn't even fret once about all that I need to do to get ready for vacation. Now this time tomorrow night may be a different story. I am thankful for days like today. It was fun and refreshing in it's own way. What a blessing!
The result of that moment was that I got an early start to a busy day. Today was our annual Breakfast of Champions at church. We do this each year for the kids that are participating in the Bible Bowl. We feed them and then have a concentrated review session. That all went well except for the fact that I forgot the plug for the griddle I brought to make pancakes. It worked out though. I found a small skillet that I used and Laura pitched in and cooked in a pan. Cindy led the kids in bingo while Laura and I cleaned up. It's wonderful having so many people that just pitch in and help!
This afternoon we had our last Thursday summer activity and went bowling. This is always a favorite summer activity. We have some healthy rivalries that have developed over the years. Today was a record day for the number of bowlers that broke 100. That gives you a hint about our level of expertise. It was a fun time. I didn't even fret once about all that I need to do to get ready for vacation. Now this time tomorrow night may be a different story. I am thankful for days like today. It was fun and refreshing in it's own way. What a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment