Monday, July 25, 2005

Customer Service - What's That?!

My second chair and ottoman arrived Saturday. It looks a little bigger than the other chair and ottoman, but figure it is because we've sat in it so much. I'm glad to have the full set and after school starts I'll look for some tables to complete the room. I don't know that I'll go back to the store where I bought the set though. While they were friendly and helpful when everything was going right, I became a little disappointed when things went "wrong." We ordered the furniture in May, paid in full and because they didn't process the order correctly it was July 23 before it was all here. At first when the chair and ottoman (C/O) was missing, they thought it would be 4 weeks at the most until it got here. Then the date got pushed to July 13 and then the end of July. Anytime I got an update on when the C/O would be in, it was because I called them. Not once did they call on their own to give me an update. Just a simple phone call out of the blue telling me that they had checked on my order and it was on schedule or not would have been great. I understand that mistakes get made and I can deal with that, but how a business handles the customer when mistakes happen speaks volumes.

No comments: