Friday, July 08, 2005

A Free Weekend!

Today starts our first "free" weekend in quite a while. Rebekah's softball team is through for the summer, so that means we have our weekends back. We will miss going out to the ballpark. We enjoy watching them play. But we also enjoy having time at home or to just do whatever. Now we can take a little break and look forward to watching Bekah play for Arkansas Tech in the Fall.

Without softball I will have to find something else to practice my picture taking. I would take pictures of Trevor, but already have quite the collection. When it cools down a little I'll have to find me a good place for nature shots. Or maybe I could use this time to put some of my pictures in the scrapbook.

Speaking of Trevor - he went to the vet for his one year check up today. He weighs a whopping 16 lbs. He did quite well with the vet - which I knew he would. He is such a good dog. We enjoy his companionship so much. The vet had to pull one of his baby teeth today. She sent it home for the tooth fairy, but I'm afraid Trevor is going to be disappointed.

Not sure what we will do the rest of the weekend. Probably just enjoy being able to do nothing. Of course if Dennis hits around New Orleans we will be spending the weekend hunkered down. I don't expect that though. From what I've seen I'm in hopes that the biggest problem we have from Dennis is the traffic. With evacuations from our neighboring states the interstates really get crowded which results in our surface streets getting crowded. That's a small price to pay though in comparison to the devastation that a hurricane brings. Prayers for all those who find themselves in the path of Dennis!

No comments: