We had a great 4th of July. During the day we got a few things done around the house, but still had time to play some games, watch a movie and just enjoy being home. Jack cooked steaks for us that evening and then we just waited for the darkness. Once it started to get a little dark, the Talkington fireworks show began. Jack, Justin and Melissa had done a great job picking out fireworks that oohed and aahed. I had asked Sharon, my photography instructor, how to take pictures so that was my official duty. I got a few decent shots. I learned it's hard aiming for the fireworks when you're so close. I think if I had been a few blocks away or on a hill I would have done better. But overall I did ok for a first timer. Melissa helped by getting the fuses out and everything ready, Jack kept things cleaned up, Justin was the igniter and Bekah was the viewer, along with the Swetnams. As always it was a lot of fun and the time zoomed by. I always get nervous before the show. I worry about setting something or someone on fire, so I'm always glad when we're in the house reliving the beauty of the night. Now I can quit worrying until next July. Yeah, right.
No comments:
Post a Comment