Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Catching Up - Again

I just realized that it has been 2 weeks since I last posted. Those weeks were busy, but when I sit down and think about it, I'm not sure what all I did. Do you ever have those moments? One of the "biggies" was our Teacher Appreciation Banquet for the teachers at South. This years theme was "Walking in Sunshine" with a beach decor. Everything went smoothly and they all seemed to enjoy it. The food was delicious - Blackened Chicken Pasta -ordered from City Cafe and I had some wonderful helpers.

For the past month or two I've been going to Snap Fitness almost every day and getting at least a cardio workout in. I am feeling better and have seen results in my blood pressure and weight. In some strange way I look forward to my times in the gym. I've even come to enjoy time on the Arc Trainer.

Bekah has her finals next week. Hard to believe that the semester is basically over for her. Justin still has a few weeks left. It looks like they neither one will be home this summer - Bekah in South Africa on a trip with AIM and then going to Summer School and Justin staying in Hammond working. (BTW - thanks to all of you who have given so lovingly to help fund Bekah's mission trip!!) For now our summer plans are the trip to St Louis, maybe going to the Talkington Family Reunion in June and going to Arkansas to help Bekah get moved in to her new apartment in July. Mainly short jaunts that will be a nice break. Who knows we might even work in a ballgame or two! For now I'm just being a little lazy and ignoring my "to do" list. Not a bad thing to do for a day or two...

No comments: