Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Counting the Days!

This year I signed up to get the St Louis Cardinal emails because we had planned on going up there for ballgames sometime this summer. Due to several things, we had decided that probably wasn't going to happen, but of course I still get the emails. While we were in Heber I checked my mail and found an email announcing that the first concert to be held in the new Busch Stadium is going to be on June 7 and is the Dave Matthews Band. I have been a DMB fan almost their whole "band life" but have always realized I'm probably on the upper age range of their fans and didn't think I'd ever go see them. When I got this email though I thought that maybe it would be fun to go. Jack and I like St Louis and the concert is right around my birthday. As I was thinking about all this sitting in the coffee shop, who should come on the radio but DMB. Then as the song was playing, Jack called. I knew then that it was destiny.

Now realize that Jack is not really a fan so in reality I was still thinking that we wouldn't go. I told Bekah about it all though and she went into action. After her promotion of the trip and Jack and I talking about it, we decided to go. So I ordered the tickets, reserved a hotel room and got our airline tickets. Today the concert tickets arrived and I'm getting excited. Only 58 days to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! So are going to see the concert in St. Louis or another one?

June

Jan said...

We're going to St Louis. Looked at some closer venues but they are in August and Jack just wanted to go to St Louis again. We got what looks like decent seats and now I'm just praying we get good weather!

Anonymous said...

I thought we were not going to admit that we were going to this

JT

Jan said...

I've portrayed you as the unwilling participant that you are, so everyone knows that it's all my doing and you're just going along with me because you're the nice husband.