I've had a great week or two since my last post. After a few days home from LTC we loaded up and went to Heber Springs, Arkansas for our annual Spring Break Fishing Expedition. That's what it is for everyone in the family except me. For me it's the annual LTC is over, time for a little R&R trip. Justin and Melissa go with us and we stay in a nice little cabin along the road to the river. This year Trevor made the journey too. We drove up on Wednesday night and Bekah met us up there since it was her Spring Break too for a change! Thursday morning they got up early and went fishing. I hung around the cabin for a while then got out with my camera and took a few shots at the Overlook. The morning was really dreary and I didn't get out of the car much. They came in for lunch and then all went back out except Bekah. Bekah and I actually took a walk then loaded up Trev and went back to the Overlook and drove around a little. By then the sun had come out and it was a nice day.
That afternoon late my dad, mom and sister drove up and visited for a while. We all went out to eat at Cafe Klasers. This is a nice, casual restaurant on the Red River. It's got good food and a good view. I was glad to see my family - at least a few of them that is.
The next day Bekah didn't go out at all. Melissa went for a short while. It was cold and misty. I actually ventured into town and spent some time on the computer at the Jitterbug Coffeehouse. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and just the nice little coffeehouse feel. The weather was so yucky and the fishing so bad that the guys didn't go back on the river after lunch. The weather wasn't so bad that we couldn't go get manicures and pedicures at City Nails though.
That evening we went to Conway and picked up Luke. We made the big circle and met Jack's brother and his wife - Ron and Myra - at Shotgun Dans Pizza in Sherwood. After stuffing ourselves we headed back to the cabin for a fun game of Boxers or Briefs where we all learned something about each other.
Saturday Ron and Myra came up and we went to Blanchard Springs Caverns. I had never been and it was a really neat cave to go through. Very pretty and not a hard walk at all. Next time we come up I want to drive over to spend some time taking pictures. After our fun day we went back to Heber and decided to stay around there for dinner. That night we played Phase Ten. Bekah beat us all but was very humble about it.
Sunday morning we got up and all headed back to reality. That's always the kicker about vacations. Sooner or later they end and then you have to face everything that was left behind to do plus some more. But they are still worth it. I'm so thankful for the times our family can get away and just enjoy it.
That afternoon late my dad, mom and sister drove up and visited for a while. We all went out to eat at Cafe Klasers. This is a nice, casual restaurant on the Red River. It's got good food and a good view. I was glad to see my family - at least a few of them that is.
The next day Bekah didn't go out at all. Melissa went for a short while. It was cold and misty. I actually ventured into town and spent some time on the computer at the Jitterbug Coffeehouse. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and just the nice little coffeehouse feel. The weather was so yucky and the fishing so bad that the guys didn't go back on the river after lunch. The weather wasn't so bad that we couldn't go get manicures and pedicures at City Nails though.
That evening we went to Conway and picked up Luke. We made the big circle and met Jack's brother and his wife - Ron and Myra - at Shotgun Dans Pizza in Sherwood. After stuffing ourselves we headed back to the cabin for a fun game of Boxers or Briefs where we all learned something about each other.
Saturday Ron and Myra came up and we went to Blanchard Springs Caverns. I had never been and it was a really neat cave to go through. Very pretty and not a hard walk at all. Next time we come up I want to drive over to spend some time taking pictures. After our fun day we went back to Heber and decided to stay around there for dinner. That night we played Phase Ten. Bekah beat us all but was very humble about it.
Sunday morning we got up and all headed back to reality. That's always the kicker about vacations. Sooner or later they end and then you have to face everything that was left behind to do plus some more. But they are still worth it. I'm so thankful for the times our family can get away and just enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment