Friday, April 04, 2008

Late Night Calls

Last night I was zapped and went to bed early. Reality is that I fell asleep before 10:00 in the easy chair. A little after 11:00 I was snug in my bed when I dreamed that Bekah was calling my cellphone. In the dream, I answered the phone but she couldn't hear me. In fact it was as if she hadn't known she had called me as I could hear her talking to someone else. Right after the dream our home phone rang and woke me. The minute I woke, as Jack was answering the phone, I told him that it was Bekah calling me. Surprise - I was right!

Of course the reason I had the dream was because she really had called my cellphone. The kicker is that my phone was in a zipped pocket in my closed purse in the kitchen. In other words - a place that when I'm awake I wouldn't have heard it. The reason she was calling was to get advice on where to be when a tornado is bearing down on you. The sirens were going off and she wasn't sure where the best place in the apartment would be. We gave her the standard "in a downstairs bathroom" answer which is where they were. The tornado didn't drop down and except for losing power at her apartment, they were untouched. Of course being the mom that I am I had to get up and watch the radar on the internet until I was sure everything had passed - all the time praying for their safety. Today I'm thankful for that answered prayer.

No comments: