This is at the Louisiana state capitol grounds. The statue is of Gov. Huey Long. It is where he is buried so it's really his tombstone. He was the one responsible for the capitol building so that's why it's on the statue base. You can't see from this shot, but on the side where his hand is out is carved people as if he is reaching out to help them. It really is an interesting place.
Thanks to all for stopping by.
Amy - I knew it had to be around here. I haven't been out to the zoo in 2 or 3 years. When it gets cooler I think I'll head over that way.
11 comments:
That is a really interesting picture. Where was it taken?
wow--that is really interesting. I'm interested to know where that was? happy WW.
Cool picture! I love it!
Happy WW!
Interesting picture. Thank you for sharing it!
Really COOL shot! Where was it taken?
Happy WW! :-)
Isabelle aka Tricotine
http://tricotine.typepad.com
Is that statue actually like that? Pretty cool!
Wow interesting. Thanks for sharing and Happy WW.
Angel Mama ():)
Now that is different! Coolio!
Great shot!! I love it!!
btw... my photo was taken while on our trip to the BR zoo. They have really made some improvements there. I was impressed!
This is at the Louisiana state capitol grounds. The statue is of Gov. Huey Long. It is where he is buried so it's really his tombstone. He was the one responsible for the capitol building so that's why it's on the statue base. You can't see from this shot, but on the side where his hand is out is carved people as if he is reaching out to help them. It really is an interesting place.
Thanks to all for stopping by.
Amy - I knew it had to be around here. I haven't been out to the zoo in 2 or 3 years. When it gets cooler I think I'll head over that way.
Interesting angle on the pic!
best home teeth whitener
Post a Comment