Each summer Thursdays are a special day. That is the day that I plan something for the kids from church to do together. Not being a creative person, I call it TNT for Together oN Thursday. We start the 1st Thursday in June and go through July. It's always a challenge to get things planned as I try to find something fun to do but at the same time keep it low cost. I usually try to sprinkle in some free events, but that is getting harder to do each year - especially when you are trying to avoid the south Louisiana heat.
Yesterday was our first TNT of this summer. We started with a service project at my house. The kids made thank you cards for some of our service people. It is always interesting to see what they write on the cards - such sweet words. After they made the cards, they spent time in our pool. It was a fun day and I'm really looking forward to the next weeks of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment