I'm guessing, from your sidebar, that it's a building leftover from the flood. And if so, very sad. But I didn't think Baton Rouge had been hit by the damage--maybe I'm just way off though.
This "building" is in Fort Worth. When I was there for my conference, we drove to the Stockyards. Behind the Stockyards up on a little hill was this building. I thought the graffiti and the icicles added the feeling of hopelessness. Not sure how it got to be in such a state or what the plans are for it. Just one of those sights that I thought made a good picture.
It can be much better appreciated (if that's the right word) when it is seen in its larger format. It's a great picture anyway - so much more captivating when it fills the screen. Nice one, Jan.
That is a great photo; incredible detail, right down to the icecycles.
Thank you for your comment on my WW. I love the mountains; I live in Utah next to the Wasatch Mountains and I love exploring. I fell in love with Colorado too...
13 comments:
hey I'm 1st!!! is it under cunsturction or in the process of being demolished?????
That looks like demolition to me. Construction is a more balanced process.
Artful shot. Where is it taken?
D :)
Stark and depressing, but a great picture. It somehow evokes feeling.
Great photo. Happy WW!
Oh my. Either that's been there a long time or the graffiti people are quick. Great picture. Mine is up at http://beckie-photoblog.blogspot.com/
I love architectural stuff. Where is that? Happy WW and thanks for stopping by.
I'm guessing, from your sidebar, that it's a building leftover from the flood. And if so, very sad. But I didn't think Baton Rouge had been hit by the damage--maybe I'm just way off though.
Wow, what happened to that building? The exposed pillars are interesting.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday.
*sigh*
This "building" is in Fort Worth. When I was there for my conference, we drove to the Stockyards. Behind the Stockyards up on a little hill was this building. I thought the graffiti and the icicles added the feeling of hopelessness. Not sure how it got to be in such a state or what the plans are for it. Just one of those sights that I thought made a good picture.
Thanks to all for stopping by.
its very sad for some reason but its a very good picture..Some time in the back, there were things going on inside that building..makes you think
It can be much better appreciated (if that's the right word) when it is seen in its larger format. It's a great picture anyway - so much more captivating when it fills the screen. Nice one, Jan.
That is a great photo; incredible detail, right down to the icecycles.
Thank you for your comment on my WW. I love the mountains; I live in Utah next to the Wasatch Mountains and I love exploring. I fell in love with Colorado too...
Have a great day!
Post a Comment