Monday, February 19, 2007

Down From the Mountains

I'm back from a wonderful trip to Tennessee with my book study group friends. We went to the Smoky Mountains and spent 2 days touring around together and having a great time. We left Thursday morning and were able to meet a friend in Chattanooga for dinner. We arrived at Bev's in Maryville, TN after about an 11 hour drive. The next morning I awoke with a headache so I missed out on the trip to Pigeon Forge and lunch at the Old Mill. But thanks to Dawn and her wonder drug, I felt better by noon and was able to make the ride through part of the park that afternoon. We returned to the park Saturday after breakfast in Knoxville. Saturday we were able to go through Cades Cove and also made it to the Newfound Gap overlook.

Both days we saw some beautiful sights. There were icicles and a snow dusting the first day. Saturday was colder and it was snowing for about half of the time we were out. The trees and streams were beautiful with the snow and ice. Being in the mountains with such a beautiful picture of God's handiwork cannot be described. I can't tell you how many "look at that(s)" were uttered. I did take a few pictures, but they do not do it justice at all.

Of course the trip was great not only because of the mountains, but because of my friends. We laughed, we cried, we ate, we played Apples to Apples, we rode 1800 miles together and are still friends. What more can you say?!!

No comments: