Thursday, February 22, 2007

Book Problem Resolved - Maybe

About a week ago I asked "What to do with all those books?". Michelle left a comment suggesting I check out Paperback Swap so I did and first impressions are good.

For those interested, it works like this - you sign up and post 9 books. Those 9 books get you 3 credits. Each credit = 1 book you can request. You also receive 1 credit for each book of yours that a person requests and you mail. (You actually get the credit when they receive the book which takes about 2 - 3 weeks.) When a person requests one of your books there is even a label to print out for the package and they show you how much it will cost to mail via USPS Media Mail so it is very user friendly.

In a few days time I have mailed out 5 books at a cost of less than $8. I've got 2 books in the mail to me and should be able to order 6 more books based on my transactions. Of course after I read the books I've requested, I'll enter them back into the system. So while I'm early in the process, this looks like a promising answer. Thanks Michelle for sharing this with me.

As a side note - 4 of my books that were immediately requested were of the Christian genre. They are being sent to 5 different states from Maine to Colorado, but the most interesting is that one of the first requests I got was from Conway, Arkansas. This is where my daughter lives and attends college. Small world, uh?!


If you do sign up with Paperback Swap please use my email address found in my profile as a referring member. Thanks!

No comments: