Thursday, May 25, 2006

49 and Counting

A biggie as far as birthday's go is fast approaching. In a little over a week I hit the big 50. I really don't get hung up about age that much as you can tell since I'm posting mine on the "world wide web." It's just a number to me and not much more. However since I work with kids I am becoming a little more closed mouth around them about it.

Their reactions are really funny when they hear my age. Last night reminded me of that. I was talking to a mom about it and her teenage daughter was close by. When I stated my age, the daughter's mouth dropped open. I take reactions like that as a compliment - whether that's the intent or not. But I do not want the kids to think that I'm so old and feeble that I can't have fun with them. The calendar may say 50, but in my heart I'm much younger....at least 40! :-)

No comments: