Bekah told me that I needed to update - so here are a few random thoughts.
I'm glad to have both kids home. Justin is only planning on being here until Saturday. He went back to Hammond this afternoon to see Melissa and go to a couple of movies. Seems we aren't as much fun as we use to be.
Bekah is pretty much stuck here since her school is so far away. She's enjoying her little break before she starts her summer job. She's looking forward to her summer staying with a pre-teen and helping some with softball. She's also planning her weekends for a trip or two to Arkansas.
To other things - last week Marilyn and I went to Bluebonnet Swamp to take a few pictures. Did you know the swamp is a breeding ground for mosquitoes?! I got a fast walk in and did manage to take a few pictures.
Last week I got a phone call from a good friend that I haven't talked to in quite a while. It's always been interesting to me that there are some people that you just click with and no matter how much time or distance between visiting, you are able to pick up right where you left off. Cheryl is one of those friends. We had some wonderful times together. I'm so thankful that for a few years we both landed in Baton Rouge and had kids that brought us together as friends.
I'm getting excited about the summer activities with the kids from church. I've got the month of June pretty much laid out and have ideas for July. They're just not all firmed up yet. The summer always goes by quickly. It's so much fun to have the time to spend without the schedule of school. While summer is not my favorite season, it is my favorite time at work. Working with the kids gives me an excuse to be a kid myself. And what better time to be a kid than summer?!
I'm glad to have both kids home. Justin is only planning on being here until Saturday. He went back to Hammond this afternoon to see Melissa and go to a couple of movies. Seems we aren't as much fun as we use to be.
Bekah is pretty much stuck here since her school is so far away. She's enjoying her little break before she starts her summer job. She's looking forward to her summer staying with a pre-teen and helping some with softball. She's also planning her weekends for a trip or two to Arkansas.
To other things - last week Marilyn and I went to Bluebonnet Swamp to take a few pictures. Did you know the swamp is a breeding ground for mosquitoes?! I got a fast walk in and did manage to take a few pictures.
Last week I got a phone call from a good friend that I haven't talked to in quite a while. It's always been interesting to me that there are some people that you just click with and no matter how much time or distance between visiting, you are able to pick up right where you left off. Cheryl is one of those friends. We had some wonderful times together. I'm so thankful that for a few years we both landed in Baton Rouge and had kids that brought us together as friends.
I'm getting excited about the summer activities with the kids from church. I've got the month of June pretty much laid out and have ideas for July. They're just not all firmed up yet. The summer always goes by quickly. It's so much fun to have the time to spend without the schedule of school. While summer is not my favorite season, it is my favorite time at work. Working with the kids gives me an excuse to be a kid myself. And what better time to be a kid than summer?!
No comments:
Post a Comment