I've been shopping for clothes lately. Nothing too complicated - just a nice outfit plus some casual things for work, running around, etc. Shopping is not one of my favorite things. It seems I missed out on that gene. My mom always loved to shop, as does my sister. And Bekah lists it as one of her hobbies I think. Not me!
What makes shopping worse for me, is the styles that are out there. Flashback to the 70's. As one lady said the other day - "I didn't like them then. I don't like them now." There are a lot of cute skirts hanging on the rack. Cute until you try them on and then they almost go to the floor. Not flattering on me. Most of them are "balloony" too. Definitely not what I need from the waist down. So I haven't been able to find the nicer outfit I've been looking for. I have found some casual things and the good news there is that my pants are a size smaller. That means either the dressmakers are changing the sizes again, or I've actually lost some inches from all my walking. I'll believe the latter and if you know it's the former, please keep it to yourself.
What makes shopping worse for me, is the styles that are out there. Flashback to the 70's. As one lady said the other day - "I didn't like them then. I don't like them now." There are a lot of cute skirts hanging on the rack. Cute until you try them on and then they almost go to the floor. Not flattering on me. Most of them are "balloony" too. Definitely not what I need from the waist down. So I haven't been able to find the nicer outfit I've been looking for. I have found some casual things and the good news there is that my pants are a size smaller. That means either the dressmakers are changing the sizes again, or I've actually lost some inches from all my walking. I'll believe the latter and if you know it's the former, please keep it to yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment