I know that I said a while back that I wasn't going to do "book reports" about books I have read. BUT I have to recommend a book I read a while back. It is "Four Spirits" by Sara Jeter Nasland. This is a story that takes various events from the time of the civil rights movement, combines them, fictionalizes them and tells a thought provoking tale. I can't say that it is an enjoyable read - but it is a fascinating read.
To be honest I feel like I should remember more about that time than I do. I was too young to watch the news and understand what was going on I guess. I'm part of a generation that didn't really study it in history. Guess it was too new and there were still too many fresh wounds. Plus I grew up rather sheltered from the world to be honest. That may be one reason that the book has really stuck with me. It tells a story that I think we all should read. A thought provoking tale that makes you think about how far we've come and perhaps how much farther we have to go.
To be honest I feel like I should remember more about that time than I do. I was too young to watch the news and understand what was going on I guess. I'm part of a generation that didn't really study it in history. Guess it was too new and there were still too many fresh wounds. Plus I grew up rather sheltered from the world to be honest. That may be one reason that the book has really stuck with me. It tells a story that I think we all should read. A thought provoking tale that makes you think about how far we've come and perhaps how much farther we have to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment