Summertime - even with the sweltering heat - I enjoy it. There's something about the unstructured structure of summer. Even now with older kids there is a certain relaxation just knowing they are not in school. Of course the job routine is there and in some ways I get busier with my job. Since the kids are out, it's a perfect time to plan activities for them. But summer just brings that feeling of laziness and fun.
Today is our first "official" activity for the kids I work with. They are coming over to my house and we are going to make cards of appreciation for our service men. Then they are going to jump in the pool and enjoy some time together. I'm never sure how many will show up for an activity, but am expecting around 20 kids today. I'm really looking forward to it and plan on having the kids over at my house more this summer. It really is a fun time of the year!
Today is our first "official" activity for the kids I work with. They are coming over to my house and we are going to make cards of appreciation for our service men. Then they are going to jump in the pool and enjoy some time together. I'm never sure how many will show up for an activity, but am expecting around 20 kids today. I'm really looking forward to it and plan on having the kids over at my house more this summer. It really is a fun time of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment